Monday, January 11, 2010

Coffee, Coffee, and More Coffee

One of my 2010 resolutions was to cut back on my coffee consumption. But so far I haven't made a dent in it. I tried to substitute tea for the morning cup of joe, but there is just something about starting the morning with a hot cup of coffee. I love the smell and that's something that I just don't get from tea, hot chocolate or anything else.

My love of coffee started back in the late 80's. Every weekend a group of friends and I would hit a Denny's somewhere in Southern California after a dance. Several cups and laughs later I'd head home hoping the caffeine buzz would last until I pulled into my driveway. There was also this very cool hangout downtown San Diego called Java. This is where my love of Mochas started. A select group of friends and I would sit around having very intellectual conversations. I remember feeling a bit like a beatnik while I was there. When I moved to Virginia I really missed my local coffee shop. Alas came the 90's and Starbucks started to pop up everywhere. I think this is when my caffeine addiction really started. Not only would I have a cup at home before work, I would grab a cup on my way to work, then in the afternoon for a little pick-me-up. And of course I had to stop again on the way home to make sure my caffeine buzz would last through making dinner, helping with homework, scouts, practices, etc. I am happy to say I'm not that addicted to Starbucks anymore. I still love their coffee, but as an occasional treat when I'm out running errands or have a lot of driving to do. I have found I'd much rather meet my girl friends in the morning or network with a group of business owners at locally owned coffee houses such as Spill the Beans in Alexandria or Deja Brew in Gainesville.

I know my obsession has been a bit over the top at times, but I also I'm not alone. The coffee craze continues to go strong. Here are some products that will help you get your buzz on.

Lets start with Joe himself.

The Joes

Are your promotional items working hard? Or hardly working? Sometimes you have to bring in a gritty, tough guy to get the job done. Enter ‘The Joes’. This specialty line of coffee is designed for the Financial, Legal, Healthcare and Corporate worlds.

A fun way to promote your company with a unique twist. The custom names and unique back panels make it a perfect employee perk or client gift. Just the right message in a flavorful packet of coffee.

Features: 2 oz. bag of ground gourmet Arabica coffee packaged in a silver foil bag with custom front label. Custom back label is available.

To see each Joe click on his link below.

Where do we put Joe?

No, this is not a paper cup! It's a 10 oz. biodegradable tumbler. It looks like paper but it's really plastic. Save a tree and stop using paper travel cups that you throw away. Show that you care about the environment. small enough to fit in corporate coffee machines. Screw on slide open/close spill proof lid.

The same style is also available in Double walled Porcelain with a silicone lid
• Looks just like a paper cup, but you can use it over and over again
• Environmentally friendly and reusable as well as a great looking desktop item
• Dishwasher safe
• Microwavable (mug only)

Lids come in black, red, blue or green

More info on porcelain tumbler

I need another hand

Have you ever been walking around an airport with your carry-on bag in one hand and balancing your coffee cup, and everything else in your other hand? Here is a new very cool product called the Tugo. The Tugo is a molded, pliable drink holder. It keeps your beverage suspended between the upright handles of your rolling bag. It's unique design helps keep your drink level. It's the perfect travel accessory. It is easily attached and when removed collapses to fit in your carry-on luggage. Fits all size take away coffee cups, small to medium soft drink cups as well as your personal drinkware.

The Tugo is available in retail locations throughout the U.S. To find a retail location near you visit The Tugo website. To order The Tugo with your logo contact Tall Girl Promotions.


No comments: