This is a list of some of the dos and don'ts of corporate gift giving.
- DO give gifts of high quality.
- DON'T give gifts that appear cheap of that are in poor taste.
- DO give gifts that are stylish, yet classic and relevant.
- DON'T wait until the last minute and make a "desperate" purchase.
- DO make sure your gift is elegantly packaged.
- DO add a personal touch, such as a hand written note, to show some thought was put into the gift.
- DON'T buy something you would like, focus on what they would like.
- DO try to be culturally sensitive.
- DON'T give gifts that imply self-improvement in needed.
- DO give a different gift each year.
- DO consult with a colleague or friend when you're not sure what would be appropriate for the individual.
The Kaeser & Blair Corporate Gift site has gifts that are appropriate for just about every business gift giving occasion.